ARDEX Americas, (www.ArdexAmericas.com), part of the ARDEX Group, is a global key player in the manufacturing and development of high-performance specialty building materials, leading the industry with consistent product innovation for the most complex installations including concrete repair and resurfacing, substrate preparation, flooring installation, and tile and stone installation materials.
We are immediately hiring for a PRODUCT CATEGORY MANAGER, who will have responsibilities for the overall performance of an assigned product category for ARDEX Americas, including sales, profit, new product commercialization, innovation, marketing and promotion.
The successful candidate will have experience within product / brand management (developing and launching new products commercially), experience of successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines, excellent communication and influencing abilities, and the ability to work across teams (notably - Marketing Communications, Technical, R&D, Sales, and Finance).
This position is full-time, to be based at our Corporate offices, set within a scenic 52-acre woodland campus, located just North of Pittsburgh, in Aliquippa – 15 minutes from Pittsburgh International Airport.
Minimum 10 years commercial business experience in marketing or business development, with at least 2 - 5 years in product management.
- Manages product segments (within the ARDEX flooring line), across all channels in a way that achieves market share, sales and profitability targets.
- Leads new product introduction (NPI) and commercialization process for ARDEX Americas
- Researches new markets and trends
- Understands and tracks competitive environment, trends, products and market needs
- Benchmarks existing product line versus competition, defines and fills gaps
- Drives commissioning process of new products with R&D
- Maximizes use of global product catalog (global cross selling)
- Leads cross functional NPI team, follows NPI process for all product development
- Coordinate with other departments including R&D, Operations, Production and Technical
- Implements product strategy, along with business managers, regional sales managers and marketing managers, aligning with the corporate strategic objectives.
In collaboration with the corporate marketing team, responsible for development of a broad product marketing strategy, including brand, product, position, channel and promotion.
- Develop and implement effective value propositions/messaging to drive and support sales efforts.
- National and regional promotions development and implementation oversight.
- Develop and implement communications strategies that align with ARDEX strategic initiatives.
- Oversight of product packaging, design and production, as well as the development of marketing materials including; literature, master documents, technical data sheets, website, digital and promotional materials.
- Helps align budget within program goals and expectations - accountable for the Sales and Gross Margin of assigned product category.
- Minimum 10 years commercial business experience in marketing or business development, with at least 2 - 5 years in product management.
- Understands financials associated with product costs, budgets, pricing and impact on profitability
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously, work under deadline pressure, excellent project management skills
- Strong focus on understanding customer requirements and value propositions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, multilingual skills a plus
- Ability to execute sales presentations and have direct interaction with customers
- Ability to travel, domestic and international
- Detail oriented, results driven
- Accountability, dependability, responsiveness, and teamwork are essential
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software suite
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering. Masters in Business or Marketing a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
Industry competitive compensation, excellent benefits package to include Paid Time off (PTO), 11 Paid Holidays, 401K match, Vision, Medical, Dental, flexible work initiatives, tuition reimbursement program (up to $5,500 annually), reduced gym memberships, pet insurance & more!
About ARDEX: Want to put your career on a solid foundation?
As a family-owned company, our employees are the foundation of what we do, and enjoy a culture that promotes team-spirit, innovation, and excellence in all we do. ARDEX employs over 350 people in North America, and over 2,500 worldwide. Our corporate offices are located in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, 20 minutes from Pittsburgh International Airport, and serves our U.S., Canada, and Latin America businesses.
Committed to People Development: Recipients of PHRA Engaging Pittsburgh, Innovative People Practices for Learning and Development, 2017.
To learn more about ARDEX and view our corporate video, go to: