ARDEX Canada (www.Ardex.Ca), part of the ARDEX Group, is a global key player in the manufacturing and development of high-performance specialty building materials, leading the industry with consistent product innovation for the most complex installations including concrete repair and resurfacing, substrate preparation, flooring installation, and tile and stone installation materials.
We are immediately hiring for an ARCHITECTURAL REPRESENTATIVE, for WESTERN CANADA. This is a field position operating out of a home office base, with a preferred location of VANCOUVER. 70% of time will be spent developing business with Architects and General Contractors in VANCOVER and CALGARY, with approximately 30% territory travel to Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Must be able to travel, including overnight.
As Architectural Representative, you will support the Western Canada Sales team, by focusing on winning specification and project opportunities for ARDEX products. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys working independently while partnering with the Western Canada sales team, possess an “entrepreneurial” spirt, and a passion for the industry. Must have relevant industry experience.
- Identify, secure and maintain ARDEX product specifications for construction projects with architects, specifiers, designers, engineers, national accounts, tile and flooring complementary manufacturers and other end-users
- Proactively develop and impact sales of ARDEX and WW Henry products across assigned territory, through obtaining and managing specifications and architectural partnerships.
- Successfully launch and promote new products through product presentations, professional product displays, product demonstrations and market blitzes
- Obtain appointments and conduct meetings/presentations to various persons or architectural firms, with the goal of driving sales opportunities through specification wins.
- Make technical recommendations liaising with the ARDEX technical team for resources and solutions.
- Generate leads through jobsite visits, cold calls etc.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum 3-5 years outside sales or architectural sales experience is essential with knowledge of building materials – tiling or flooring is preferred
- Must have knowledge of the Western Canada architectural community
- Familiar with architectural specifications and construction design elements is essential
- High level of responsiveness to customer needs and business integrity, with the ability to close a sale
- Ability to effectively present in front of large groups
- Minimum four (4) year college degree or greater is preferred, or Associates Degree with relevant industry work experience
Competitive compensation, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Holidays (11 paid), Paid Time Off (PTO), Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Extended Health Care Insurance, Discount Programs, Registered Retirement Savings Plan, Tuition Assistance, and more!!
About ARDEX: Want to put your career on a solid foundation?
As a family-owned company, our employees are the foundation of what we do, and enjoy a culture that promotes team-spirit, innovation, and excellence in all we do. ARDEX employs over 350 people in North America, and over 2,500 worldwide. Our corporate offices are located in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, 20 minutes from Pittsburgh International Airport, and serves our U.S., Canada, and Latin America businesses.
Committed to People Development: Recipients of PHRA Engaging Pittsburgh, Innovative People Practices for Learning and Development, 2017.
To learn more about ARDEX and view our corporate video, go to:https://www.youtube.com/user/ARDEX101
Should you experience any difficulties using our online application database, simply send your resume and cover letter to: careers@ArdexAmericas.com